Pages on The New Democrat
- Comments: What People Say on This Blog
- About Erik Schneider
- About Derik Schneider
- About Ederik Schneider
- About Kire Schneider
- About Rik Schneider
- About Fred Schneider
- Women's Style
- Jim Morrison and The Doors
- Libertarians: If You Think This is About Libertari...
- Comedy: The Lighter Side of Life
- Progressives: Progressives and Progressivism, Not Socialists and Socialism
- Classical Conservatives: Conservatives Who Believe...
- Classical Liberals: Real Liberals and Real Liberal...
Saturday, November 23, 2013
The Film Archives: Video: U.S. Representative Bob Dornan Gets His Words in a One-Minute Speech Stricken Down in 1995
Representative Bob Dornan wasn’t called ‘B One Bob’ for nothing. He had a tendency to say nutty things and throw a lot of partisan bombs out there without a lot of thought. Another way to describe Bob Dornan would The Blind Bomber because again he had a tendency to say things blindly without much though put into his comments at least as far as the consequences for saying some of the things that he did. And then throw his overly partisan nature and the district that he represented in California, this overly partisan approach cost him his House seat in 1996 to Loretta Sanchez. Whose still in the House today and has been there since 1997. Bob Dornan’s approach is very well suited to talk radio and perhaps cable talk TV, not well-suited for Congress even in the House of Representatives. Where there are rules in place for how members address each other and how they address the President of the United States.