Pages on The New Democrat
- Comments: What People Say on This Blog
- About Erik Schneider
- About Derik Schneider
- About Ederik Schneider
- About Kire Schneider
- About Rik Schneider
- About Fred Schneider
- Women's Style
- Jim Morrison and The Doors
- Libertarians: If You Think This is About Libertari...
- Comedy: The Lighter Side of Life
- Progressives: Progressives and Progressivism, Not Socialists and Socialism
- Classical Conservatives: Conservatives Who Believe...
- Classical Liberals: Real Liberals and Real Liberal...
Thursday, November 21, 2013
Andrew Kaczynski: Video: U.S. Senate Assistant Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Senate Filibuster in 2005
Newsflash, there’s bipartisan hypocrisy when it comes to the Senate filibuster. And a big example of why the U.S. Congress has a ten percent approval rating, because the upper chamber uses and complains about the filibuster to meet its short-term gains. Instead of what is best for the Senate and the country. And Senate Democrats were in favor of filibustering presidential nominees before they were against it. And Senate Republicans were against the Senate filibuster before they were in favor of it. The Senate filibuster debate is purely about politics and short-term political advantage to gain absolute power. To the point that the party in power wouldn’t even have to acknowledge the minority party and even the minority leadership about what bills to proceed to and to debate them.