John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Pages on The New Democrat
- Comments: What People Say on This Blog
- About Erik Schneider
- About Derik Schneider
- About Ederik Schneider
- About Kire Schneider
- About Rik Schneider
- About Fred Schneider
- Women's Style
- Jim Morrison and The Doors
- Libertarians: If You Think This is About Libertari...
- Comedy: The Lighter Side of Life
- Progressives: Progressives and Progressivism, Not Socialists and Socialism
- Classical Conservatives: Conservatives Who Believe...
- Classical Liberals: Real Liberals and Real Liberal...
Saturday, September 21, 2013
PBS: Video: NewsHour: Brooks and Dionne Discuss Conflict in The GOP, Confronting Gun Violence
This post was originally posted at FRS Daily Times on WordPress
The Tea Party gets their vote on ObamaCare in the House and it is killed by Senate Democrats. And the House Tea Party is introduced to reality meaning that they figure out that they can’t repeal the Affordable Care Act in this Congress. That is assuming that there are enough Tea Party Republicans finally get this and say, “we’ve fought the good fight and lost. And will come back in the next Congress.” That is assuming a lot and I hope that Brooks and Dionne are right in the sense that I do not want a government shutdown. But there are a faction of Tea Party Republicans that are in the, “I won’t give up until ObamaCare is repealed. No matter who I take down with me including the Republican Party. So we’ll see which side of the GOP wins in the end.” The suicide pilots in the Tea Party, or the adults with their feet on the ground.