Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Kerry Lynne: Miranda Lambert- Baggage Claim


Source:Kerry Lynne- Miranda Lambert in concert.

Source:Real Life Journal

“Miranda’s new single from her album “Four The Record” that comes out 11.1.11 (: the end is the best part so watch all the way through .. or you could just fast forward.” 

From Kerry Lynne 

Miranda Lambert I believe is from rural Texas and looking at her background and her personality she’s about as country as a country girl can be. And I mean that in a good way, she’s real and she knows who she is and where she comes from. And isn’t ashamed of that and never afraid to be who she is. And I have a lot of respect for people like that. And I try to be the same way and hopefully I’ve succeeded. I know who I am and where I’m from and proud of it. And not or ever afraid to express it either because it’s real.

This is who Miranda is that she’s basically telling the world to  deal with it the best you can and accept it or not. But she’s not changing who she is because she knows who she is. And that’s the only person she knows how to be. Miranda Lambert is a real person not a phony wannabe something else that she’s not and she not changing who she is.

I’m a what a call a blues rock fan, which is essentially classic rock mixed in with rhythm and blues. I’m a big fan of Eric Clapton and consider him the king of this style of music. I’m also a big fan of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band for similar reasons.

I also like Tina Turner and Dave Matthews as well as Sheryl Crow. As well as Jim Morrison, Jimmy Hendrix who I consider to be the best guitarist of all time. And Janis Joplin, Carlos Santana and Aaron Neville to a certain extent. Aerosmith is my favorite band and who I consider to be the best classic rock band in the world if not all-time. And they have a blues sound to their music to a certain extent, but they’re mostly a classic rock band with a great sound. And the best in the business as far as I’m concern. So when I hear someone playing this style of music and they sound like they have a good idea what they’re doing, especially if you wouldn’t of guessed that they play this music, I take notice which brings me to Miranda Lambert.

Miranda Lambert is a country singer, or at least has that’s in her background. But she has a hell of a voice for classic rock or even blues rock. And she mixes classic rock into her music and sometimes sings pure classic rock songs.

Miranda even has a version of Joan Jett’s rock classic, I love Rock and Roll. And if anything I think she sounds better singing it because I think she has a better singing voice than Joan Jett. Who I also have a lot of respect for who’s also a excellent classic rock artist. And who’s still going very strong now in her early 50’s.

Miranda Lambert has a song called Gunpowder and Led, which is what I would call a country rock, mixture of the two. For anyone who thinks they could never like a country singer or any other form of country music, listen to a few of them from time to time you might be positively surprised. Because a lot of them are not pure country singers and combine other sounds into their music.

Miranda Lambert is an example of a country singer who has successfully made a transition from country to classic rock without forgetting who she is and where she came from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments about the posts you are commenting on are welcome but spam and personal comments are not.

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Source: U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960