Pages on The New Democrat
- Comments: What People Say on This Blog
- About Erik Schneider
- About Derik Schneider
- About Ederik Schneider
- About Kire Schneider
- About Rik Schneider
- About Fred Schneider
- Women's Style
- Jim Morrison and The Doors
- Libertarians: If You Think This is About Libertari...
- Comedy: The Lighter Side of Life
- Progressives: Progressives and Progressivism, Not Socialists and Socialism
- Classical Conservatives: Conservatives Who Believe...
- Classical Liberals: Real Liberals and Real Liberal...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Revolutionary Workers Party: Video: Malcolm X vs. James Baldwin
I have a problem with Malcolm X having a problem with the civil rights sit-ins of, I believe, from 1963, and perhaps earlier than that. Because what these young Americans were doing was saying that they were people too and that they could not be denied service simply because of their race or color. And all they were doing by going to these restaurants and diners and what Rosa Parks did on the bus by refusing to give up her seat to a Caucasian man was saying “we are here too and you can’t force us to leave.” Perhaps what Malcolm X would’ve preferred was that the demonstrators had bats or guns or something. And when a racist would tell them to move or try to physically move then that they would get hit the demonstrator.