Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thom Hartmann: Video: Professor Harvey J. Kaye: The 71st Anniversary of FDR's Four Freedom




My Four Freedoms

1. Freedom of Speech- The ability for me to say whatever the hell I want to. Including being an insensitive asshole just as long as I'm not threatening people, libeling people or inciting violence.

2. Freedom of Assembly- The freedom to associate or not to associate with anyone that who would consent to associating with me. As long as I'm not involve in criminal activities.

3. Right to Privacy including Property Rights- The ability for me to do whatever the hell I want to as long as I'm not hurting any innocent person. Which is a huge key to Liberal Democracy that you must have to have a real Liberal Democracy.

4. The Right to Self-Defense- The ability to defend myself or any innocent person. And long as I'm not hurting any innocent person.

The four freedoms I mentioned and again we are only talking about four here. Is all you need in a Liberal Democracy other than perhaps the right not to be discriminated against. Based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality. But again we are only talking about four freedoms here. And as far as the freedom to practice or not practice any religion. You could make a pretty good case that would fall under the the right to free speech and the freedom of assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments about the posts you are commenting on are welcome but spam and personal comments are not.

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Source: U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960