Pages

Friday, June 23, 2023

Sundance: Indefensible: Casey Anthony (2022)

Source:Sundance Indefensible Casey Anthony.

"Jena Friedman travels America to unspool real cases on the ground, but unlike most true crime shows, this one doesn’t end when the criminal gets locked up. Jena finds there’s always more to the story and drives to a different outcome beyond the simple whodunnit. Using her unflinching comedic point of view and disarming interview skills, Jena uncovers the “why” and “how” not only of crimes themselves, but of our sometimes dysfunctional criminal justice system." 

From Sundance

I'm sure I heard about the Casey Anthony story breaking (if you want to put it that way) back in 2008, (I wasn't vacationing in Afghanistan or some place) but it's only in the last few years when I've been blogging anything about true crime, that I've following this case and looking into it myself. So no, I'm not an expert on it, I'm not a lawyer, not a detective, not even a true crime reporter, but I can give you what I know about the case and what I think about it, from what I've seen about it. 

Just looking at it from the outside, I think Casey Anthony is guilty of something horrible here, in the death of her daughter Caylee. And it looks like her parents and brother believe that as well. And it might just be she knows what happened to her daughter, but is protecting the person whose actually responsible for the death of her daughter. Which is bad enough, but that alone doesn't make you a murderer. 

My own theory is that that the baby died accidentally, Casey freaked out about that and instead of acting like a mature, responsible, adult (which she's never been) she freaked out and decided to try to cover it up, even though she didn't personally murder her baby, but perhaps didn't want to be blamed for the murder of her baby. 

I believe that Casey is responsible for the accidental death or saw her daughter die, perhaps found her dead, but doesn't know how she died, because there's no absolutely convincing evidence that she murdered her daughter. Just a lot and I mean a truck load (to be clean) of and perhaps just as much circumstantial evidence to suggest that O.J. Simpson murder Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman, just 14 years earlier in 1994. 

Then you just look at how Casey was acting after the baby died like she was almost relieved by it and partying heavily like her social life just returned, because she no longer has a baby to take care of. The fact that Casey waited 20 days to report her daughter missing, or the trunk of her car smelling like a dead body, motive, means, opportunity, etc.

As far as the Casey Anthony trial: again, I'm not a lawyer, but to not just go for murder 1, but for the death penalty, I know this is Florida, but it's always useful to live in the real world and when you can't prove 1st degree murder, I think the death penalty is the last thing you should be looking at. I think the prosecution lost this case just based on the punishment that they were seeking. And that might be why the jury acquitted her and nothing else. I think if the prosecution goes for manslaughter and child endangerment or just child endangerment, Casey Anthony is probably still be in prison today. 

As I said, I think Casey Anthony at the very least knows what happened to her daughter, but doesn't want to give the person up, like herself, if she's actually responsible here. But we may never know, unless Casey comes clean, how her daughter died on that horrible day in 2008. 

You can also see this post on WordPress.

1 comment:

  1. You can also see this post on WordPress:https://thenewdemocrat1975.com/2023/06/23/sundance-indefensible-casey-anthony-2022/

    ReplyDelete

All relevant comments about the posts you are commenting on are welcome but spam and personal comments are not.

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Source: U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960