Pages

Monday, August 12, 2019

Charisma on Command: 'How To Have Fun Without Drinking'

Source:Charisma on Command- It's easy: just be yourself. Unless you hate yourself and feel the need to get wasted, just to have a good time. 
"How Do I have Fun Without Drinking?" Google
It can be tough to have fun when you are learning how to not drink when everyone else is.  People will peer pressure you incessantly, implying that you're no fun or a buzzkill.  That's why it's good to come up with a plan for having fun despite not having anything to drink.

So if you've watched this video Charisma on Commandand decided to quit drinking, take a look at these tips for having a good time when you're sober and everyone else around you isn't.  Obviously there are a million ways how to have fun without drinking, but the big question is, "How do you do it in an environment where everyone else is?"  Hopefully these musings help :-)"

From Charisma on Command

As a nondrinker ( of alcohol ) I'm not sure how I write this without sounding like a prick here, but I'll give it my best shot, but one of my famous quotes is no promises, so we'll see how it goes.

Before I'll layout how to have a good time without drinking alcohol, I'll first explain why I don't drink alcohol so you know where I'm coming from.

One of the reasons why I don't drink alcohol, is one of the reasons why I'm not religious, because I don't like what it does to people. Which might sound ironic and even contradicting because a lot of the nondrinkers in the world are some of the most religious people because they consider alcohol to be a sin. And here I am as an Agnostic saying that I don't drink because I don't like what it does to people.

They say the most honest people who are drunkest and alcoholics. OK, maybe I only say that, but it's true because when you drink alcohol, you lose braincells and therefor control of who you are as a person. So what you end up doing when you're drunk is saying and doing things that you normally wouldn't do, including making a complete ass out of yourself or even worse. Abusive parents, spouses, romantic partners, bosses are also alcoholics. Not in every case, but in a lot of cases. And also I don't like the taste of alcohol. So I guess my brain, heart, and my tastebuds thank me every time when I drink a Pepsi, ice tea, or water instead of a beer or another alcoholic drink.

And here is where the sounding like the prick comes in: every time I hear someone say they can't have a good time without drinking, I take that as seriously as the person who says they can't get through the day without their Starbucks: ( or whatever their favorite coffee house of choice is ) does life really suck that much for you, or do you really dislike yourself that much that you feel the need to sound and look braindead or like an escaped mental patient in order to have a good time?

And then there are the peer pressures for why people not just drink alcohol, but drink to excess. And I go through this in my own personal life with my drinking friends who wonder why I don't drink and then say: " I know you don't drink and I respect that." Which is their way of saying they don't respect my choice here. Americans especially hipsters and have this dying need to be cool and be seen as cool. Cool people not just drink, but drink to excess, so other people feel they have to do the same thing in order to be cool in America.

How to have a good time in life without drinking alcohol?

Simple questions deserve simple answers: what do you enjoy in life and who do you enjoy hanging out with? Unless the answer to that question is you enjoy getting drunk and hanging out with other drunks, and playing drinking games, and you respect and like yourself as an individual, you shouldn't have any issues enjoying life and enjoying your friends in life, without alcohol. Just do the things that you like doing in life and even do them with your friends, but without alcohol.

And this also sounds like me being a prick, but it's true so I'm going to say this: but the people who feel the need get plastered ( or shit-faced ) in order to have a good time in life, I suggest that they don't like themselves that much and have real self-confidence and self-respect issues and use alcohol to escape their realities, which just leads to other problems. One of the biggest mistakes that people can make in life and perhaps only intentionally hurting innocent people is only worst, is escaping and ignoring the truth and your own reality in life. 

You can also see this post at WordPress.

1 comment:

  1. You can also see this post on WordPress:https://thenewdemocrat1975.com/2019/08/12/charisma-on-command-how-to-have-fun-without-drinking/?wref=tp

    ReplyDelete

All relevant comments about the posts you are commenting on are welcome but spam and personal comments are not.

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Source: U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960