Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Greatest Audio Books: Video: The Bill of Rights



This post was originally posted at FRS FreeStates on Blogger

To everybody out in blogland, I want to use this blog as a way to express my views in public on the key issues of the day, anything from foreign policy, to education, to fiscal policy, to crime and punishment. I don't consider myself an expert on any of these issues and I'm not asking anybody who reads my blog to take my word as gold.  I want the people who read FRS FreeStates to decide for themselves. All I can do with FRS FreeStates is to look at the issues of the day as closely as possible and write about them as informatively as possible and then let the readers decide for themselves how informative I am.

 As I said in my extended profile, I'm a confessed political junky and a dedicated viewer of C-Span. (To all of you non-political junkies, C-Span is a 24-hour news network dedicated to current affairs, and it covers both chambers of Congress gavel to gavel.)  I watch and read a lot of news, which is what a political junky needs to do to keep up with what goes on in the world, including PBS and a lot of current affairs documentaries. So I'm pretty informed about what goes on and I think about these issues a lot. So what better and easier way is there to express yourself on what you think on these issues than a blog.

To all you non-political junkies out there in blogland, I'm never afraid to crack a joke.  I could crack a joke at a funeral. I'm not proud of that and most likely I wouldn't crack the joke out loud and a lot of times I walk around with a smirk on my face and people will ask me what is so funny and I'll tell them that I can't tell them because the joke in my head is not appropriate. You know, George W.  Bush was President of the United States for 8 years and spent 2 years running for president and in those 10 years the only thing we developed in common is that we both have a wear a smirk.

In my blog I'll be writing about a lot of serious issues, and the non-political junky who looks at my blog (perhaps accidentally) might find it very technical, kind of like reading a dishwasher manual word for word. So I'm going to throw some humor in wherever it might be appropriate. To Conservatives out there, and I mean political Conservatives, not religious Conservatives, or the term I prefer, theocrats, I hope you look at FRS FreeStates and read it carefully and respond to it.  Hopefully we can get an honest and respectful back and forth going.  Even though I'm coming from the left, you might find that we have a few things in common. 

So FRS FreeStates will be a chance for a severe political junky (guess who) to express his thoughts publicly on the issues and hopefully engage in intelligent dialogue with his readers. Intelligent readers are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments about the posts you are commenting on are welcome but spam and personal comments are not.

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Source: U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960