Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

TNA Impact Wrestling: Video: The Knockouts Brawl on Impact

Source:The Daily Post

When I was a kid even though my father went out of his way to prevent me from watching pro wrestling because it was staged and winners were picked ahead of time and perhaps even for the violence. Even though dad let me watch as many Clint Eastwood and other action movies as I wanted to I managed to watch the WWF, WCW and the AWA almost every week. And several times each week because they were on multiple channels kind of like today. I was definitely a pro wrestling junky as a kid I couldn't get enough of it. Sort of how I feel about politics, current affairs and history today.

Even as a young adult and now as someone and this is a little hard to admit to, but now as Gen Xer in his mid 30's the generation is not hard to admit to but, the age I was still a fan, but didn't feel the urge to watch it every week. I sort of grew out of it like a boy grows out of wanting to build forts or wanting to eat junk food all the time. I'm not a TNA expert obviously, but back in 2003 or 2004 former WCW wrestler Jeff Jarrett along with former WWF and WWC wrestler Kevin Nash and a few other former WCW and WWF wrestlers launched a new pro wrestling organization called Total Non Stop Action or TNA. Because the WWE had a monopoly on the Pro Wrestling market.

TNA recruited other former WWE wrestlers like Scot Steiner, Sting and a few others and they discovered others like Samoan Joe. At first TNA was probably a minor league outfit barely making a profit if any. But within a few years they already had their own pay per view events. And a weekly cable show on Spike TV that was drawing ratings. And now today their probably a legitimate competitor with WWE. Even though WWE is clearly still on top, but TNA has clearly managed to make money and to recruit several wrestling stars away from the WWE. Like Kurt Angle who pound for pound and height for height is probably the best pro wrestler in the world today. And their top level wrestlers could probably compete with the top level wrestlers of the WWE today.

To speak about this video for a moment, I don't watch pro wrestling on a regular basis anymore. But going through Google Reader to look for things to read (which is the whole point of Google Reader) which is how I saw this video for the first time. But this video is a little more then nine minutes long with six beautiful, sexy, well built women all wearing tight sexy outfits. Look like their beating the hell out of each other. I think they did a good job of making it seem real and it would probably seem real in a movie as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All relevant comments about the posts you are commenting on are welcome but spam and personal comments are not.

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat

John F. Kennedy Liberal Democrat
Source: U.S. Senator John F. Kennedy in 1960